Thursday, February 3, 2011

Love my Daddy-O

This is my first "February Love Themed" Post :) And the subject of my affection will be quite surprising!
Ready?!?

Drum Rolllll (please)
...............................................
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlrlllrlrlr
..........................................................
dureeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
................................................

My Dad & I at my cousin's wedding

My DADDY-O :D

Okay, okay. Some of you look a little puzzled...
Why would it be suprising that one of the posts about the people i love is dedicated to my dad?
Well, i've never been exactly what you would call, a "Daddy's Girl".
My dad and I  family has been through a lot together.
And, through a series of unfortunate events, my dad and i grew apart, while the rest of our family grew stronger.


However, moving out helped a lot!
Turns out, when you don't live with someone, it's easier to like them.
lol.

Yesterday, was a great example of why I love my dad.
He had done a typical "dad thing" on monday (when i saw him last) and i was still sort of irked about it. So, when my mom stopped by my apartment yesterday to bring me some eggs, she said, your dad's outside and he wants to see you.
:/
I grabbed my keys, stomped out, ready for a fight, and there was my big ol daddy, scraping my icy windshield.
At first i was still mad because I thought he was just trying to make up for being a jerk before, but the more time i spent with him, the more i realized, he didn't even know he had anything to make up for.
He was just doing this because... because... because... because he loves me?
He loves me? He loves me. He loves me?!?!
He spent nearly an hour deicing my car, getting it unstuck from the snow and cleaning my roomate's car.
He took care of me.
He was looking for things to do to help.
and he never complained.
He hugged me over and over again, telling me he loved me.
I have never known my father's love like I saw it yesterday.


My Dad & I before my first prom (2007)
ps. it's depressing how i still look the same :P lol


I know his love is there, but i don't always see it...
and you know what?
I love him too :)

xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. This is really sweet! I can't wait for the day that I see my dad in that same way that you got to see your dad yesterday. it's probably going to take a while, but I know soon I will get to.
    Have a beautiful day friend!

    ReplyDelete