Sunday, September 4, 2011

Can't touch this! Confession #2 :) 09.04.11

Confession #2

I Confess...

I don't like to be touched.
Okay, Okay. Let me clarify before i start hearing, "I've SEEN you and silas together, you didn't seem to mind..." or "Oh, no. Does that mean i shouldn't hug you?!?"

A. My husband can touch me anytime he wants ;D

B. I LOVE to be hugged... by the people i love. If i know the hug is coming I'm prepared. Small children aren't a problem, i don't get upset... they're cute & know no barriers.

It's just the randoms, that freak me out.
No unneccesary contact for me! 
You know, the old man at church who grabs your shoulder and welcomes you? Or my friend's mom that hugs me and squeezes? Pats on the back? The co worker that runs her fingers through my hair?  A sneaky hug from behind (it doesn't matter who...)
Ew. No.
Annnd when I say it freaks me out, I mean, I panic inside.
I turn into this rigid creature that can't move or speak.
My bones are lead.
I stand there with a frozen smile trying to reciprocate while my heart races.
Most of the time I get throught it with a sigh of relief and the other person barely notices.
Occasionally, I don't move, the other person, noticing I'm still breathing says, "You okay?!?"
Even more rare, I just get irritated and shake their touch off like a bad germ after they leave.
I'm a bit of a freak, but at least i'm good at faking the normal ;D lol.

So, there you have it...
This is probably a big surprise to those of you who are around me.
You're probably going, "Whaat?!? I thought she LOVED my hugs."
And, if I love you, I do ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment